Tuesday, February 19, 2008

i'm 4 now...

Just thought you might find a little humor in this:
After all- the business is named after her!
Might as well see what inspires me, right? (wink)



Abby, my four-year-old has been attending gymnastics since she was three. She turned four 2 weeks ago. Last week she decided, right in the middle of class, that she didnt want to go to class anymore. She just walked right off the gym floor, into the parents room, and said matter of fact- "mom. I dont think i wanna do 'binakicks' anymore."
Tonight I figured out why she didnt want to go anymore. lol.

We came to the gym at 6:00 pm. She took me by the hand over to her class .
Usually the moms watch from this little room but she wanted me to come with her for a minute this time.
So i walked accross the floor with her to her class which has some new kids in it and they are younger than her- shes the oldest now.
So we got there and she leaned over and whispered. "I dont want to be in this class anymore. Im ready to 'congratulate' to the next one."
And she was pointing to the girls who were busy making faces in the mirror. Apparently she is too old for that now.
Coach Jim was calling her accross the gym saying, "Miss Abby, why arent you going to class today sweetheart?"
And she just shakes her head no. He says, "Now you're gonna make me cry. You better come over here and give me a hug."
So abby and i walk to Jim and he picks her up and hugs her and she says, "well im 4 now." and he says, "oh. Does this mean youre ready for a bigger class? Is that what youre telling me?"
"yeah." she said. I almost died laughing.
So he says- "Well then go over there to that big girls and line up honey."
she nods, and runs over and gets in line. Looks back at me, smiles a closed mouth grin, gives me a thumbs up and heads off to the bars.
The next youngest girl was 6-years-old.
Shes nuts man.

That's my girl.

No comments: